Sunday, January 4, 2009

Song Three - Mannequin

<a href="http://vermillionlies.bandcamp.mu/track/01-03-09-mannequin">01/03/09 - Mannequin by Vermillion Lies</a>


01/04/09


Today was hard, I was in my art studio with the accordion and I started to sing a little bit about an old mannequin, then a girl called "miss mannequin" commented on my blog and I thought I would just go for it.

But I really didn't like it and the accordion is hard to play and I wanted to write a new song but ran out of time.

My voice is.....ugh, and I messed up a chord but I was so sick of recording and my lovely supportive boyfriend had already waited hours for me to finish so we could go out.

Video of me being ridiculous and having a mini meltdown while recording, because it's pretty funny and I want you all to know that this is a process.




Love! K

p.s. some lovely folks have bought tickets and are sending in ideas for me to write songs about so if you want a custom song then buy a ticket to our January 22nd show in SF, forward the confirmation email to vermillionlies (at) yahoo.com and tell me what to write about. I can't choose them all, but I will choose at least 10 of them! The first song of Thirty-One was by request.

Buy tickets here: http://tinyurl.com/VLSF0122



That photo is by Myles Boisen - he is amazing!



mannequin oh mannequin
you're just like me
but perfectly proportioned
oh mannequin

mannequin oh mannequin
I'm just like you
but a little more human
oh mannequin

You're always poised
i'm always a mess
my clothes are torn
you're always well dressed

you stand in your window
and look down on me
my world may be dirty
but at least i'm free

mannequin oh mannequin
you're just like me
but perfectly proportioned
oh mannequin

mannequin oh mannequin
I'm just like you
but a little more human
oh mannequin

your smile is gleaming
my smile is a frown
as i look on perfection
and feel let down

you're made of plastic
and I'm made of meat
you may be perfect
but at least i'm unique

mannequin oh mannequin
you're just like me
but perfectly proportioned
oh mannequin

mannequin oh mannequin
I'm just like you
but a little more human
oh mannequin

No comments:

Post a Comment