Monday, January 5, 2009

Song four of Thirty-One

Finally I have multi-track recording capabilities which means I spent most of my day learning how to record. I wonder where the time goes....

My life is being swallowed by this project. It just takes so long. Writing a song a day is one thing but recording and posting....

I'm going to keep going.

These lyrics just sprang up on their own after I recorded the glockenspiel tracks. First came:

"If I were a little bell
that rang when you were by my side
then I'd be ringing all the time
all the time"
<a href="http://vermillionlies.bandcamp.mu/track/01-04-09-mockingbird">01/04/09 - Mockingbird by Vermillion Lies</a>



And I thought it was kind of romantic but really needy and obsessive as well. And honestly I don't want anyone around all the time no matter how much I love them. Not even my kitten!


lyrics:
If I were a little bell
that rang when you were by my side
then I'd be ringing all the time
all the time

If I were a mockingbird
that sang when you were by my side
then I'd be singing all the time
all the time

But I'm just a little me
and I don't want you next to me
all the time


*

I wish I'd been paying more attention to the lyrics, that last line really should be:

But I'm just a little me
and I don't want you BY MY SIDE
all the time


maybe I'll fix it ....

No comments:

Post a Comment