Saturday, January 2, 2010

Making Things, Breaking Other Things



I have an art show opening on January, 15th in Monterey, CA. I also have a music show in Monterey on January, 14th. Busy bee.

It feels great to be making things again, to be alone in a house, to be jamming out with my loop pedal and LOVE LOVING the new songs and arrangements. Some of the new stuff is danceable (!?!) In fact, my back is really sore from jumping up and down while I play my new songs.

I'm going to my brother's house for dinner now. It's lovely to be close to family and friends. I'm soaking it up as much as I can before I leave in two weeks for an undetermined length of time.

Happy Palindrome Day: Enjoy Al Yankovic being witty with the backwardsforwards words:

3 comments:

  1. Yay danceable songs! Can't wait to hear them! Everytime I write a danceable song I end up forgetting how to play it properly after all the dancing. They're tricky buggers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ability to write all different types of songs never fail to impress me. I can't wait to her some super-dancy-Kim! Best of luck for both your musice show and musical shows.
    It is always great to be close to the ones you love and have a secure place to live and grow. But these things do now have the same power if you are not away from them for a while. I'm glad that you are enjoying them whiel they are near :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are making things and have an art show coming up. Keep smiling and dancing!!

    ReplyDelete