Friday, January 8, 2010

The Impossible Project

"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible."
- Edwin Land, Inventor of Instant Photography

I used to be an avid photographer. I sold my photographs, was published even. I have a wonderful vintage camera collection - ranging from a 1901 Kodak panorama pinhole camera, to spy cameras, to 70's polaroids. I was particularly enamored of SX-70 film. And I was heartbroken when Polaroid announced it would no longer make film.

So imagine my compounded pleasure to discover, The Impossible Project:

"[The Impossible Project Impossible] has been founded with the concrete aim to re-invent and re-start production of analog INTEGRAL FILM for vintage Polaroid cameras."

http://www.the-impossible-project.com/2009


They are from the Netherlands (like my father) and their name is SO perfect.

2 comments:

  1. From the Polaroid website:
    "PLR IP Holdings, LLC, owners of the Polaroid™ brand, today announced a multi-year strategic partnership with Lady Gaga, who will serve as creative director for a specialty line of Polaroid Imaging products... Building upon Polaroid's rich history, the Polaroid partner network will support fans and users of classic Polaroid products and deliver new Polaroid products to a new generation of Polaroid customers while staying true to Polaroid's long-standing values of fun and simplicity."

    ReplyDelete