Monday, February 22, 2010

Fever Wisdom: Say Yes to Love

When we met we said Yes. Nice to meet you. Yes. I love you already. Yes. In the early days it was all Yes. It was Yes just because. It was Yes because it felt so good. Yes because you said Yes to me and I wanted you to feel how good it was and I wanted to feel how good it was. And we Yessed, and Yessed.

Then the Nos came. They crept in, snuck in on the backs of the Yesses, turned them into Maybes. The Yesses drooped and got dragged down, Maybe became No. And then the Nos were cascading. No because you said No to me, because it felt bad, because I wanted to punish you for saying No to me. No because it was easier than Yes suddenly. No because life isn't fair and we don't all get what we want. No because I'm scared.

Scared of No.

*

The lasting, happy relationships I know are the ones in which the people are still saying Yes to each other. Friends, family, lovers, children, co-workers, clients, anyone you have a relationship with:

Say Yes. Because you can.

5 comments:

  1. I love this and totally agree. It works everywhere in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your words always seem to happen right when I need to hear them.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never fail to find myself in awe of your brilliance. Thank you for your beatuiful, beautiful words. You are a well of wisdom and light in this world and I am so happy to have found you.

    So much love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very true.. i definately resonate with that.. its an awesome thing.. so how can someone who is kinda broke help an artist out.. i like your style from what i heard on here.. i would like to support you making your music.. is there any other way i can do so.. when i do have a little bit extra money though i am definately going to pre-order.. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, of course.
    How's the fever coming on?

    ReplyDelete