Friday, July 10, 2009

Pull the pin - Berlin, Day Six

Sometimes I just have to cry. Life just pours out of my eyes. I flew across the world to be in a wonderful city but I can barely get myself out of bed. That is the truth.

And I am also having a good time. So there.

There are things happening right now, which I cannot presently disclose, that are breaking my poor little heart. It's ok.

I am ok. Just sad. And feeling as though this endless stream of tears is washing me clean, getting me ready for the next step which I am VERY excited to make.




Today's Website: www.claytoncubitt.com

The Katrina portraits are especially wonderful. I have a hard time with Katrina portraits as many of them seem to just be hanging on the coattails of hyperbole in order to make a powerful image. But these images are beautiful and honest as they are from someone who lived there. Photos of his mother, lost home, drowned life.



Today's Song: All the Night Without Love - Elvis Perkins



Today's Quote:

"Whatever it is that pulls the pin, that hurls you past the boundaries of your own life into a brief and total beauty, even for a moment, it is enough." - Jeanette Winterson


p.s. I'm looking for apartments.......

2 comments:

  1. Apartments in Berlin?! Wow! How exciting! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes staying in bed, no matter where you are, is what your heart needs. Following your heart, even into the darkness, is always the right thing to do. I'll be sending out good vibes and hoping that your time to cry ends soon. Thank you again for the beautiful artwork, music, and words.
    <3 Ry

    ReplyDelete