Friday, March 25, 2011

We Have Your Heart



Molly Crabapple, Jim Batt, and I have been working on an animation together for the past year. Not full time - life keeps getting in the way - but we've worked on it steadily and today we launched a Kickstarter to raise money so that life can stop getting in the way and Jim can devote himself to animating.

We've already gotten over the 50% mark of our initial $7000 goal. Huzzah! The support has been wonderful. Thank you so much.

We hope to reach our goal in the next few days even though we have 29 more days to go on the Kickstarter. And we can always use more money. Art sucks up money faster than anything (except maybe drugs or gambling habits.) Any money above the initial goal will be put towards making the project even better - all the while allowing us to keep eating, and sleeping in beds.

**

Today I went to hang posters for my upcoming Melbourne shows. I came across a poster from my last show and concocted this little scene.



I called it, "The ImpossiPole."

**

I have a residency in Melbourne - Every Wednesday in April - each week with a different, amazing, musical guest. And each week I will play different songs - some songs will get played often, but others will only be played once during the residency. Come to one, or come to all, I'd love to see you.

I also have a show in Sydney, on April 21st!

And a show in Ruffy - about an hour and forty five minutes from Melbourne at the Ruffy Hall, a tiny community in the country. Rumor has it that the denizens of Ruffy bring cake to all the shows. I am very much looking forward to this!

Find out more about the shows: HERE


And I have started booking my return to the US:

May 14th - Nevada City - more info
May 15th - San Francisco
May 27th - Fredericktown, MO

If you want me to come to your town send me an email!  kim - at - kimboekbinder.com

More show info: HERE



2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to the new video!!

    P.S. Yes, I want you to come to my town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you came to Canberra I would so come to that. Lol, the animation project is looking great.

    ReplyDelete