Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Melbourne Love (Possibly NSFW)




We have reached the end of the Amanda Palmer Goes Down Under tour. Amanda says it was her best tour ever and I'm so happy to have been a part of it. I met some very talented and wonderful people, and reconnected with Amanda, while getting to know the country I now call home.



Future Plans!

I've extended my visa and will be staying on in Melbourne until May 3rd. I have a residency at The Empress Hotel - every Wednesday in April - which I am very excited about. My show at The Empress on February 27th was absolutely wonderful. Thank you to everyone who came down and made me feel so very welcome in this beautiful city. It was the first official "Impossible Girl" show and it was better than I would have wished.

I'll also be booking my next US tour - starting in May! Finally bringing The Impossible Girl to visit all my beautiful American friends.

I'm almost out of CDs! Hurray. Thank you all for this. It keeps me eating and means I get to do another round of printing. You can get my CD here: Kim's Bandcamp

Been working hard on a project that will launch in a few days. It's SO good! Stay tuned…

Here are some photos from my escapades over the last week of the tour.













I'll leave you with this video of Amanda Palmer and me singing "Such Great Heights" in a men's bathroom in Geraldton, Australia.  



Love!

Kim

p.s. SPARKLY CUPCAKES!







All photos by Jim Batt

8 comments:

  1. LOVE this video. Only you guys. <3

    -Chris

    PS: Returned your e-mail finally!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, you are so lovely! i'm very glad that you toured with amanda, because it means that i was able to discover your music- i saw you at the amazing ninja gig in perth (in the golden wonder dress!), and now i play your cd in my vintage shop all the time! so lovely! have fun with melbourne life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the video :)

    I'm glad that your stay was extended in Australia and that you are enjoying it. Keep us posted on when and where you'll be stateside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you've had such a wonderful adventure! All the videos and pictures have been so fun! *cheers* See you (hopefully) when you're back stateside :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was such a pleasure meeting you at the St Kilda BBQ gig (I was furry hat dude). Am grabbing The Impossible Girl now and hope to see you at The Empress soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't stopped playing your CD since I got it from you at the Evelyn. That night and the next were awesome beyond belief.
    I hope I get to see you at The Empress before you have to go back to the States.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The phrase "that I now call home" makes my heart smile...

    ReplyDelete
  8. just linked this article on my facebook account. it’s a very interesting article for all.

    Australia Visa

    ReplyDelete